- Shortcut for Playback/Stop changed to Spacebar.
- Fixed: checking for updates was not working properly.
- Many thanks to Oliver from Hamburg for the German translation of the program interface.
- Few minor fixes.
What’s new in this version?
- Fixed issue with disabled “Paste” button
- Optimized wave file rendering
- VU-meter now use logarithmic scale
- Added Drag’N’Drop support
- Cursor can be moved during playback
- New audio decoder
- Zoom by mouse wheel
- Better performance
Tags: wave editor
A MIDI file contains no music. It records how music is played, containing “events” which control when each note of each instrument starts, finishes, how loud, what note of the scale. It has to be played by the sound card’ synthesiser. It will sound like the particular instrument that is playing it.
A .WAV file contains a digitally sampled recording of an actual sound, be it music, speech whatever. It is played by the DAC of a sound card, in the same way that a CD player plays the data from a CD. It will always sound like the original sound that was recorded.
A MIDI file is very compact, a .WAV file will be very large in comparison.
Before loading MIDI file into the Wave Editor you need to render MIDI into waveform using MIDI to WAV converter like MIDIRenderer. After conversion you will have standard WAV file that can be loaded in Wave Editor.
Current version: 188.8.131.52
File size: 1997 KB
Release date: 01/30/2022
Thank you for making such a wonderful sound editing program, I have been incredibly pleased with how small, efficient and simple it is. It is rare to find software that is as perfect as this. I am enjoying it immensly. 🙂